Senior Graphic Designer
NEV $31-$41 / hr
REPORTS TO THIS POSITION TITLE Art Director
Senior Graphic Designers are responsible for completing graphic design and illustration requests from ideation through final production. This position requires excellent communication skills, time management, project management experience, organizational skills, research, creative & design knowledge, illustration, and image management expertise. In addition, Senior Designers must be able to design cohesive packaging templates resulting in effective consumer messaging and impactful in-store presence.
POSITION ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING KEY RESULTS
- Performs key job duties while upholding the Company's Mission & Guiding Principles.
- Provide branding support and adhere to standards of appearance and style.
- Maintain working knowledge of existing product and packaging design, manufacturing standards, and experience with product function.
- Understand consumer needs and marketing messages and incorporate information seamlessly into the design of signage, packaging, and promotional materials for retail presentations.
- Provide support to the Art Director when needed to assist in the development of design work or the mentorship of junior designers.
- Follow through on the production of new products and new product packaging. Includes proofing, following QC procedures, and resolving issues as they arise with product vendors.
- Maintain a high standard of quality and service to ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
- Work cross-functionally with brand, copywriters, craft designers, and photographers to ideate initial concepts and influence final production art.
- Provide creative ideas or solutions in team meetings and project kick-offs.
- Look for continuous improvements for speed and efficiencies within workflows.
- Able to successfully and consistently meet deadlines while serving as an example to other designers.
- Develop or advise in the development of brand standards or style guides.
- Execute all other duties assigned to support the future growth and success of iLoveToCreate.
- Due to business needs, this job profile is subject to change with/without advance notice.
- Ability to confidently interpret, translate & conceptualize creative objectives via the support of trend data, established products, retailer information and industry research into design that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Ability to manage time and resources to meet and beat deadlines while maintaining clear communication with team regarding project needs and processes as they progress.
- Strong understanding of graphic design fundamentals, a keen eye for visual details which includes color theory, typography, proportion, scale, layout, and visual presentations.
- Ability to work both independently and to work with other Designers, Crafts, Copy and Photography team members to performance excellence.
- Expert knowledge and application of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe’s 3D, and Adobe’s AI tools, to support the placement of all design elements properly.
- Strong ability to process, manage and manipulate raw camera data as well as digital imagery for design and packaging use.
- Ability to convert artwork from working form to finalized, appropriate file formats for specific print purposes.
- Ability to upload appropriate files and to print & assemble proof materials and deliver all to purchasing or have knowledge of file transfer protocols for file upload to vendors' sites.
- Strong creative drive to continue to look for new tools or software that will improve the department’s capabilities and creative output for the betterment of the company.
- Continuously aware of current market or craft trends through social media and sharing that insight with all key shareholders.
BEHAVIORS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Love of color, a drive to create excellent design and a strict adherence for attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize jobs and adapt quickly to changing priorities, working well under pressure, and delivering excellent work under extremely tight deadlines.
- Inhabit a natural curiosity about our ever-changing consumers, our marketplace, and our creative contributions.
- Strongly motivated to achieve and excel in a team environment with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A proactive and positive attitude with all stakeholders, a “can-do” mindset.
- Being innovative, cheerful, professional, cooperative, and instructive with all tools, resources, and processes.
- Ability to effectively work in a hybrid or remote environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 4-year college Degree in Graphic Design/Communication, Art or Advertising with studies in color theory, illustration, web design and use of graphic applications.
- 5+ years of experience as a graphic artist in a corporate or agency environment, with strong evidence of a variety of design talent and contributions.
- Graphic design experience a must. Experience in the creative industry is a plus.
COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND/OR EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MACHINES
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Digital Assets Management (DAM/Portfolio)
- Server file structure/maintenance
- ESPON Printers
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
This role is open for candidates in the following states: CA, AZ, TX and OH.
- iLoveToCreate is committed to the highest safety standards. The responsibilities of the position include compliance with all federal and state safety regulations and procedures, as well as understanding and application of all safety policies in accordance with the iLoveToCreate Safety Manual and the Company’s Injury Illness & Prevent Program (IIPP).
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach above/below shoulder level.
- Occasionally required to lift/carry/push up to 40 lbs., repetitively use both hands/arms/shoulders, forward bending/stooping and light grasping, and fine dexterity of both hands. Ability to participate in a team lift for any lifting necessary over 40 lbs.